Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pacem in Terris

Wow! This is a beautiful place! Thank you Lord for the woman and people who made this hermitage possible. Peace on earth! For that is what this retreat was: me in a little cabin with God in the middle of the woods. A basket of food and tea sustained me physically and a Bible, book Poustinia, and God sustained me both spiritually and emotionally. I went for walks through the prairie, the forest, and sat by the lily pad lake. I was rejuvenated by the serenity that permeates this beautiful retreat. I can only say that four miscarriages later, financial difficulties, and a life of managing depression I discovered that I am a hermit at heart. And I can live this calling out of my home! God's revelations are so perfectly timed. He is so awesome and knowing. I will always keep this place and these people in my prayers! Thank you!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds wonderful. I'll have to try to do this...someday.

Melissa @ Homegrown Catholics said...

That just sounds serene. That is kind of the feeling I got when I went camping as a child. I miss it. And I see we are sort of in the same boots with financial difficulty, depression and miscarriages. I feel I've been making big steps forward, but still feel the pull of self-destruction. Maybe I need a retreat too? Please share more of your struggles and how you try to overcome them. I'd love to read it!