Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Any females??

Nicholas just finished his fourth month as a sixth grader in public school in December and it seems to be going well except for a few bumps along the way.  This scenario happened just before the Christmas break:

Nicholas:  So, Dad have any of the females been talking to you lately?  (My husband teaches private music lessons at his school)

Steve: Uh, no.  (He's thinking, "females"??)  Uh, why don't you ask me when we get to the car?

N:  OK.
 (a few minutes later at the car):  Well, you see there are these girls in one of my classes and the one girl was like talking to me and asking me some questions.  Then when she was done she pointed to her friend who was sitting farther away and said that she wanted to go out on a date with me. And I just said, Oh.

S:  Well that's OK if the girls talk to you and it certainly is all right that her friend wants to go out on a date with you.

N:  But Dad they were just being funny!  (chuckle, chuckle).  I'm only in sixth grade.  I can't date until I'm sixteen!

No comments: