Thank you to all of you friends out there in cyberspace! I know I am not going to be the most regular of bloggers but I must tell you that this has been the catalyst to lift me out of my muck and onto dry land.
Paula you are the one who made the first invite. I don't know when/where I would have ever have come up with this on my own. Thank you for inviting me to the bloggers meeting. And yes, I'm blogging about it because this is where it belongs.
Secondly, Tracy, thank you for inviting me to the tea party at Mad Hatters. I just knew I had to get there. I knew a little about your blogging beginnings so I thought, "I think I can figure out how to blog by the end of July." And then when you moved it to the end of August I thought, "I know I can figure it out by the end of August!"
Spending time with you lovely ladies that day celebrating the Queenship of the Blessed Virgin Mary was refreshing. My well had been dry, clogged far too long. Laura shared her miscarriage memories which I took time to ponder along with my own in my heart.
I had been praying for a long time that God would send someone who homeschooled like me and I was excited that I met all of you; He had multiple answers for me this time around. Late in August I met a Mom who was new to our group as of last December, however, I never had the opportunity to meet her because my teaching schedule didn't allow me to attend our Friday meetings. We met at a summer park playdate for our group and she actually knew what I was talking about and encouraged me to share my ideas with our group. I had never actually gotten this kind of encouragement from anyone else in my group. Thank you Lord! Since then we have been able to connect on an almost weekly basis for park playdates/ Science museum visits/ and good old Kaffeeklatsch with other homeschooling Moms and a plethora of children running around.
The fourth thank you goes to Margaret whose brain I picked excitedly when I found out that she got to go to a Homeschooling Conference out of state. I asked her what she found to be the most . . . .ah . . . something, (I can't remember, I did just turn 40 . . . ); well, it must have been the most favorite thing that she learned. She replied that Alice Gunther said that Moms need to break out of their regular groups and reach out to those Moms who are on the quiet side. These Moms have a lot of good ideas to offer too but may need the encouragement to do so. I'm sure Margaret worded it more . . . (I'm sorry I have to used the word that's been identified as belonging exclusively to a president wannabe but here it is) eloquently but at least it's down in print now and I don't have to try to remember it anymore. Whew!
Someday I'll write an Ode to you women but this will have to do for right now. I am finally back in blog and I am truly grateful to you: You have been an answer to my prayers.
May God hear and answer your prayers tonight as you sleep so that your day tomorrow can be lived to bring glory and praise to Him always and forevermore! Amen!
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
You brought tears to my eyes! This is very touching - thank you!! I'm so glad you have connected with someone so close to you. I love all of you so much, and enjoy our time together, but it is hard to be so far away from people!
Post a Comment